The Age of god-kings : time frame--3000-1500 BC /
Publication: Alexandria, Va. : Time-Life Books, c1987. . 178 p. : 29 cm. ISBN: 0809464004
God's word and the church's council : Vatican II and divine revelation /
Publication: Hindmarsh, SA [Australia] : ATF Press, 2014. . xxvi, 237 pages ; 23 cm. ISBN: 1922239720
Sharing the Word
The Sharing the Word Project came into being to answer the many problems faced by Catholic seminary libraries in the 21st century, especially in the majority world. These problems include isolation, poverty of resources, a lack of funding and of trained library staff as well as the inability to make full use of the possibilities opened up by the Internet to access digital resources. An initiative, sponsored by the Pontifical Society of St Peter the Apostle, is now under way to address these problems by bringing Catholic seminary libraries together into an alliance for sharing resources and knowledge and to make the most of limited financial means.
The project has several objectives which include:
- Providing Catholic seminaries with adequate information and formation resources needed for a sound education and formation of ministers of Sacrament and Gospel.
- Building up and improving existing print-based libraries and making their content more accessible with good cataloguing and search facilities.
- Automating library functions to achieve this, especially by promoting and assisting with the installation of the Koha open source library system and other access solutions.
- Helping seminaries to get access to online resources and negotiating affordable access to information databases.
- Maximizing access to open source material and building up a major information resource that can be used to supplement and if necessary be a substitute for commercial databases.
- Educating library staff in good library and information management practices and promoting cooperation and information exchange at local level.
- Maintaining a website to make the Project's various initiatives known and to provide a means of mutual communication.
The Sharing the Word initiative is led by Catholic Mission Australia. For further information email the Project's coordinator